Po Box 657,Broadbeach QLD 4218


Frequently Asked Questions

Landlords/Landlord’s Agents can specify in the General Tenancy Agreement for the property if they allow or don’t allow pets at the property. If you allow pets at the property the tenant’s responsibilities with having a pet at the rental property is outlined in the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (RTRA Act). Further to this the Agency can provide the Landlord suggestions to consider before deciding whether you allow or don’t allow a pet.

The tenant is required to pay a maximum of four weeks rent bond if the rent per week is $700 or less. If the rent per week is $700 or more, than an amount that is agreed upon can then be requested to be paid over 4 weeks rent as bond. Landlords/Agents are required to lodge the bond with the Residential Tenancies Authority and this is held until the tenant vacates the premises and an exit property inspection is conducted and reported. Once the property is believed to have been returned as required and in a satisfied condition with all rent/invoices paid, then the bond is dispersed appropriately.

All rent received by the tenants on your behalf is held in our Trust Account which is audited regularly. From the rent received all authorised outgoings for your property such as council rates, insurance, repairs and maintenance invoices, etc. will be paid. The trust accounting period concludes with the account processing occurring on the first business day of each month to comply with the Trust Account Auditor requirements. This payment will be electronically transferred into the financial account you have nominated on this day. If you require a mid-month payment this can be arranged and needs to be specified in the Form 6. If you wish to receive one, you will receive this on the 15th of each month or the next business day.

When a maintenance request is emailed through by the tenant or it is picked up at a routine inspection, you will receive an email with what needs repairing along with any photo evidence (if required)and suggestions on how we go about fixing this.You will be requested to approve us to send a contractor out to the property if it is not an emergency repair. The Agency have regular contractors that are licensed to attend to any repairs that we will arrange on your behalf. If however, you wish to use your own contractors, we can arrange this with contractors on your behalf. Any work that is covered under a warranty, the Agency will contact the supplier, or if the repairs can be claimed under insurance, we can contract the insurer to claim on your behalf.

Rental and invoice payments are receipted each business day and any tenants in rental arrears or unpaid invoices are contacted to make payment immediately.Contact is continued to be made daily until payment has been made. If the tenant falls 8 days in arrears, a formal Notice to Remedy is issued to the tenant and a copy sent to you for your reference. If the rent is still unpaid at the expiry of the Notice to Remedy a formal Notice to Leave is issued to the tenants and a copy sent to you. The Agency will maintain contact with you until the matter is finalised, such as rent is paid or the tenant has vacated the property. If the tenant fails to vacate the property, a tribunal application is submitted and tribunal hearing date set with action taken as per the tribunals decision(NSW – If the tenant is more than 14 days in arrears a termination notice is issued).

The Agency will contact you 3 months before the current lease on your investment property expires. This allows us to discuss and make a decision on any rent increases, lease conditions and any other matters in regard to the tenancy. It also enables us to negotiate with the tenants so that any rental increase or changes to the tenancy terms can be given to the tenants 2 months prior of the change/lease expiry and a new General Tenancy Agreement signed. If you decide you do not want to renew the tenants lease and would like them to vacate the property, you/Agency are required to issue a Notice to leave with 2 months’ notice period. If the tenants decide to vacate the property they are required to give 2 weeks’ notice (NSW Landlord’s the owner is required to give 90 days’ notice and the tenants 21 days’ notice).

Routine inspections are carried out after the first 3 months of the tenancy and then every 6 months from there on in. If we feel we need to return and conduct another routine inspection in 3 months, we will advise you and the tenants of this and make note of this to ensure one is carried out. If you wish to attend a routine inspection,it is fine for you to do so, but you will need to notify the Agency first so we can include you on the Entry Notice. As per the RTRA Act, entry may not be allowed less than 3 months after a previous entry by the Lessor/Agent unless the tenant agrees otherwise.

If the property is individually metered the Lessor can charge the Tenants for the water consumption of the property. If the property is deemed water efficient and a compliant certificate has been issued by a licensed plumber, the Tenant is responsible to pay the full water consumption amount. If a property is not water efficient, the Lessor can charge the Tenants for water charges over and above the average allowance incurred. It must be specified in the General Tenancy Agreement if the tenants are responsible to pay the water consumption or not. If the property is not individually metered, the Lessor cannot on charge the tenants for the water consumption. If the water rates are paid by the Lessor, than it is their responsibility to pass the bill onto the Agency to on charge the Tenants.